* The adjustment to the Big Boy Room is going well. Miles is going to bed nicely (or at least normally… he is not ALWAYS nice but no longer asks to go upstairs) and sleeping through the night until 6:15 am. Julius still wakes up a few times but at least in between his wakeups I can sleep in peace.
* Putting Miles to bed when I’m home alone still sucks, though. I have not found a way to make this work! Julius always wants my undivided attention and cries and cries, but I obviously need to tend to Miles at least for a half an hour. I can’t seem to get a baby nap to line up right and Miles’s bedtime can’t be moved much without him getting overtired. I just don’t know.
* Every morning that Mike is here he gets up with Miles and I sleep in (or attempt to) for a bit. When I come downstairs, Miles greets me with “Mommy!!!” like I am Norm walking into Cheers.
* We are officially potty training up in here. We’re not doing the 3 Day or any particular technique, just totally winging it. Miles is motivated and ready so I’m rolling with it. He is very much in charge of the process and does NOT like to be asked or reminded to go potty so it’s a delicate situation involving some accidents, BUT I am very proud of him for doing so well. As long as he is not very absorbed in play he is good about letting me know he has to pee.
* We are switching laundry detergent from All Free & Clear, which I’ve used for years, to Charlie’s Soap. I’m a little nervous about the switch since I’ve heard it can cause rashes if the old soap is not totally removed from the machine and diapers, but I don’t like how much residue the AF&C is leaving behind. I’ll update on that once we get through the whole process.
* So happy to see temps in the 70s this weekend. I’m beyond sick of summer. Sick of being hot and sweaty, sick of running the AC around the clock, sick of all of our summer clothes! Bring on the long sleeves… please!