* A new favorite game for Miles is to sit at the table and pretend to drink coffee with mugs full of milk and water, making exaggerated slurping and gulping sounds. He directs us to sit in the chair opposite him and fake drink with him. Of course, as always with Miles, this game has escalated to the point where it’s getting annoying, because he wants milk and water each in a couple of different specific cups, and dictates to us to get up and switch chairs, etc. etc.
* He also likes for me to draw this scene on our wall paper. He asks me to draw faces (with teeth), cups, and chairs. Now he asks for “face – teeth!, cup, sit chair, table, bowl.” And he doesn’t really like the way I draw bowls.
* Speaking of teeth, poor Julius is in teething hell. He is covered in drool and gnawing on everything in sight. He’s not nursing as well, and alternates between sleeping poorly and then sleeping like a log. Poor little buddy. I need to get him an amber teething necklace since we lost Miles’s this summer.
* Speaking of sleep, Miles mostly sleeps through the night now (YES!!!) and even sometimes initiates bedtime himself (I EARNED THIS!!). But he’s had a weird, rough week, which makes me think he’s going through yet another growth or developmental leap. He’s been waking up super early, staying up late, taking monster naps (never thought I would hate naps but they mess up his nighttime sleep), and even rubbing my ears again. Oy.
* The best part of my week by far: on Wednesday, Miles woke up crazy early and later took a 4 hour nap. That evening, after dinner, he wanted me to get out of my chair and said to me, “Get up, mama. Get up, mama!” I couldn’t believe my ears. He has said mama here and there, called me Daddy, called me Purple (shirt color), but mostly hasn’t called me anything. I have been pushing him more to say my name, but he was so resistant. Also, he’s never used that sentence structure before though he is putting short sentences together – they’re usually more like “Julius sit chair.” So happy. I’m still beaming.