* Julius is a thumb sucker (or maybe a finger sucker? But probably thumb), demonstrating once again that parents can only control so much. We foisted every style of binky on God’s green earth upon this child and in the end he made his choice. Thumb it is. There are upsides and downsides to this but in the end it matters not, since this is his soothie of choice.
* We had another fun day at another public pool yesterday. Miles is SO insistent that he can do everything himself, though… he kept trying to push away from me when I was helping him swim where the pool got too deep, and finally I obliged and let him go for a minute. And go underwater, briefly. Not sure he really got it, because he did the same thing with Mike about a half hour later. We definitely want to get him into swimming lessons once he is old enough for classes at the Y.
* We’ve made some discipline changes up in here, thanks to a conversation with a friend, but I will write about that in detail next week. Also coming up next week, my response to the “can we have it all” question. Teaser alert!
* You may or may not have noticed that I added a page to this site for E Custom Cards. It is still a hot mess as I’m trying to work out weird formatting bugs so I haven’t drawn any attention to this yet. But I am working on consolidating E Custom Cards and E is for Erin in a way that will integrate these two aspects of work a little better, without taking anything away from either one… in fact it should make everything a little more fun, engaging, and visually appealing. I hope.
* If you missed it or haven’t voted yet, my best of 2012 poll is still a tie! I want to submit my application soon but I need to find some extended quiet time to get it together… something that’s a little hard to come by these days. But with Mike off on Thursdays, Friday is my Monday, so I might be able to fire it off this weekend….